This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients. This position performs high quality nuclear medicine procedures requested by a licensed physician.
• Current California State License in Nuclear Medicine
• 2 years’ experience as a Nuclear Medicine Technologist preferred
• National Certification preferred NMTCB or ARRT
• Current CPR BLS for healthcare provider’s card upon hire
• Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs high quality nuclear medicine studies.
• Instructs, educates, and prepares patient for exam.
• Demonstrates proficiency in safely administering Isotopes
• Demonstrates proficiency in radiation safety.
• Proficient in filming and workstation protocols.
• Performs daily QC and monitoring of Nuclear Medicine department
• Keeps accurate records to comply with state and national guidelines.
• Demonstrates knowledge of injection protocols.
• Assesses patient before, during and after procedure
• Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected.
• Other duties as assigned
Salary: $55.00 per hour