Under the supervision of the BHU Admitting and Guest Relations Supervisor, the Guest Relations Specialist is responsible for assisting in all aspects of guest relations within the Main Entrance of the hospital which include customer service and visitation request, any security concerns, and the overall appearance of the Main Entrance area. Provides accurate and courteous phone service to physicians, patients, family members, customers and hospital staff in a timely manner.
· Must have superior telephone skills and ability to work under pressure.
· Must possess the ability to multi-task and by extremely organized.
· Must be reliable, dependable, and able to get along with others in a pressured environment.
· Must have the ability to perform the job safely and effectively
· A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a customer related field and 1 year Guest Relations experience as a PBX Operator or receptionist.
· Must have the ability to speak, read, write and perform various tasks in English.
· Must have the ability to deal effectively with customers, patients and staff while demonstrating exceptional customer service skills.
· Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Provides assistance for all visitors entering the main entrance of the hospital.
· Greets and speaks to everyone in a courteous and respectful manner.
· Demonstrates accurate knowledge to Lobby Track system.
· Answer all calls within 3 rings or within a timely manner.
· Answer all calls to hospital within the guidelines of CMC policy procedures.
· Maintain a current library of pamphlets, visitor information material, maps, visitor stickers and other appropriate documents pertinent to the hospital.
· Cooperates in orientation, training and guidance of new staff to the department and hospital policies and procedures.
· Complies with safety, infection control, fire, disaster and emergency procedures.
· Assists in the connections of operator assistance calls, long-distance and out-of-state calls for patients, hospital staff, customers and physicians.
· Ensures that all entering the hospital through the main entrance receive a visitor identification sticker.
· Answers and transfers calls to the appropriate department.
· Calls physicians and hospital staff personnel on assigned hospital cell phones to relay messages.
· Monitors hospital fire and alarm systems (fire alarm panel, code blue alarm, code pink alarm, maintenance/oxygen/emergency)
· Adhere to Guest Relations policies and procedures.
· Demonstrates accurate knowledge and use of Cerner, mass paging system, public address voice paging system, voicemail, and call logs.
· Provides general and specific information to a wide variety of the public sector, physicians, patients and hospital staff.
· Maintains a daily on-call sheet with names, times, and phone numbers of main key on-call personnel.
· Responsible for activating the various types of codes in the hospital and demonstrates the ability to handle and follow-up on those calls.
Exhibits behavior that is courteous, compassionate, polite, friendly, and respectful towards patients, visitors, physicians, and co-workers and extends self to make patients, visitors, clinical staff, and peers feel welcome and respected
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: In person