Provide basic emergency medical care and transportation under the guidelines of County protocols
and College Coastal Care, LLC standards of care for basic pre-hospital care, utilizing the receiving
hospital when necessary. Maintain equipment and vehicles used in providing service.
- High School Diploma or GED, preferred. Current State of California EMT-1A Certification.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- California Driver’s License, California Ambulance Driver’s License, demonstration of an acceptable driving record required.
- CPR and CPI Certification.
- Current Medical Examiners Report and
current Medical Examiners Certificate.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain high quality patient care by assuming responsibilities for medical care of the
patient and carrying out established policies and procedures.
- Respond to request for emergency/non-emergency medical care in a timely manner
through quick out of chute times, accurate route selection, and safe driving technique.
- Recognize and treat any medical situation with appropriate techniques, equipment and
knowledge of State of California and County Protocols.
- Utilize medical equipment and procedures including oxygen and suction devices, CPR,
and other procedures as required.
- Prepare and submit pre-hospital patient care reports to College Coastal Care, LLC
standards, supply inventory forms, and other forms as required.
- Gather patient billing information and appropriate billing signatures.
- Assure that emergency vehicle is completely stocked and in good running order
throughout the shift, stocking medical equipment as needed.
- Employee conduct is professional manner at all times while interacting with the patient,
public, other EMS, Fire or Law enforcement personnel.
- Advise the Duty Supervisor promptly of any operational problems.
- Maintain the cleanliness of vehicle and station.
- Consistently meet or exceed current criteria for continuing education.
- Respond promptly to post relocation as required by the Communications Center.
- Maintain open communication with other EMS agencies, contract facilities, members of the
- Respond to hazardous material situations and perform as directed by the HazMat team
leader and/or incident leader.
- Responsible for adhering to all company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.