The Unit Secretary position provides clerical support to nursing staff on the Medical/Surgical/Telemetry units.
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients.
• High School Graduate or G.E.D. certificate preferred.
• BLS (AHA) for healthcare provider’s card upon hire.
• Must be CPI certified within 30 days of employment
• Must be able to speak, read and write English.
• Knowledgeable in of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Answers the telephone pleasantly before 3 rings and identifies unit, self and title
• Directs and interacts with patients, visitors, physicians and peer courteously.
• Routes incoming mail, distributes correspondence and other material to unit staff daily
• Responds immediately to patient call light
• Notifies appropriate member of nursing staff to responds to patient request in a timely manner
• Maintains an adequate filling system so information can be easily and efficiently retrieved
• Inventories and orders forms and supplies to assure an adequate supply
• Performs all other duties responsibilities as assigned
Salary: $16.46 – $20.57 per hour