This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients. This position is responsible for utilization review, assessment of discharge planning needs and coordination of effective discharge plan.
- Current CA Nursing License LVN
- Current CPR BLS (AHA) for healthcare provider’s card upon hire
- Current CPI certificate within 30 days of hire
- 1 year experience in caring for mental health patients in an acute inpatient setting preferred
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age group served on the unit
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the care and management of psychiatric patients in a specified setting.
- Assists patients in activities of daily living.
- Observes, records, and reports stability of changes in the patients’ condition.
- Interacts with patients on a 1:1 basis in a therapeutic manner.
- Utilizes individual usage care plans according to patient care standards.
- Assists in the admission process including data collection and orientation to the unit and program.
- Monitors safety of the therapeutic milieu and assists in the management of an assaultive patient.
- Documents pertinent patient interactions, patient data collected and patient responses to therapeutic interventions.
- Functions within scope of practice and meets all legal and regulatory requirements
Demonstrates age appropriate care for integration across the life span.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to unique needs of varying age groups with whom he/she has contact (adult, elderly).
- Recognizes and responds to safety factors for age level involved (adult, elderly).
Salary: $26.11 – $32.64 per hour
Benefits (Full-Time Only):
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Work Location: In person