The Emergency Department (ED) LVN provides professional and technical skills to ensure the safety, comfort, personal hygiene and the protection of all age groups under direct supervision of the ED Registered Nurse.
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients.
- Current California LVN license (IV certified)
- Must have current CPR BLS (AHA) for healthcare providers, ACLS upon hire, and PALS completed within 6 months of hire.
- Must be CPI certified within 30 days of employment
- One-year ED clinical experience preferred, will consider acute hospital care experience
- Demonstrate the knowledge of the principle of growth and development over the life span and while providing care needed by the patient population; identify each patient’s age specific needs/status through data collection and collaboration with the RN and Physician staff
- Must be able to speak, read and write English
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under direct supervision of the RN and physician, manages the care of patients during the emergent, urgent and/or non-urgent phase of the disease/illness process.
- Reviews patient history, diagnostic data and physician orders/notes, if available, prior to data gathering from the patient/family/significant other.
- Collects data by interviewing patient, family/significant other within a specified time frame
- Reviews and implements physician orders accurately and timely within LVN scope of service.
- Performs basic nursing procedures, specific unit based nursing procedures and/or standardized procedures safely, accurately and efficiently per policy and procedure within scope.
- Administers the right medication, in the right dose to the right patient in the appropriate route and on time, 100% of the time within scope of service.
- Prepares patients for transfer in accordance with regulatory agency requirements and per policy and procedure.
- Provides appropriate teaching to each patient based on learning needs.
- Collaborates with the RN/physician/ ancillary services to provide appropriate care to each patient.
- Documents in a timely manner and reports responses to treatment and changes in clinical conditions to the RN/physician.
- Able to recognize patient in distress and report changes to the RN/physician immediately.
- Performs all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Salary: $30.47 – $38.07 per hour