Assumes responsibility and accountability for administrative duties of the department of nursing and the hospital. Oversees patient care and personnel in the absence of Department Directors/Managers/Coordinators and Supervisors.
This position supports the Mission of the Hospital by providing an environment that allows for provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients.
• Degree or Diploma in Nursing preferred. Three to five years current experience as an Administrative Supervisor in an acute care facility preferred.
• Current California R.N. license
• Current CPR BLS (AHA) and ACLS for healthcare provider cards upon hire
• Must obtain CPI certification with 30 days of employment
• Demonstrates knowledge and skills necessary to oversee and direct personnel delivery direct patient care activities in multiple patient care settings. Knowledge of growth and development over the life span. Must be able to speak, read and write in English
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Correctly interprets hospital policy.
• Coordinates activities for all hospital departments.
• Consults with appropriate manager/director to resolve problems in their areas.
• Consults with Administrator on call to resolve problems.
• Appropriately notifies Administrator on call of significant issues
Responsible for the effective management of patient care on assigned shifts.
• Coordinates the clinical and managerial activities for a specific shift.
• Communicates effectively to the relief supervisor relevant shift information.
• Provides personnel to ensure adequate staffing in accordance with matrix and acuity standards.
• Provides clinical resources as needed to the staff through direct clinical intervention or provision of appropriate clinical expertise.
• Provides input for staff evaluations.
• Utilizes the nursing process to identify, define and prioritize patient care needs.
• Identifies learning needs of staff and communicates these needs to the director.
• Acts as admitting nurse to effectively triage patients and ensure appropriate bed placement.
• Assures registry personnel documentation is current and orientation/ evaluation forms are completed at end of shift.
• Correctly accesses the night medication locker.
Contributes toward attainment of hospital and departmental goals and objectives.
• Consistently maintains information flow regarding nursing and hospital activities.
• Completes all documentation and reports on a timely basis.
• Participates in resolving interdepartmental and intradepartmental system problems.
• Verbally counsels employees in accordance with hospital policy and notifies appropriate director.
• Contacts appropriate manager regarding employee behavior requiring additional intervention.
• Makes patient rounds during shift and communicates issues to the nursing unit director.
Salary: $58.00 per hour