This position supports the Mission of the Hospital through the provision of distinctive and compassionate care to our patients. This position utilizes professional and technical skills to provide direct, safe, and effective patient care to the Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent, Adult and Geriatric patients in the surrounding community.
- At least 2 years of clinical experience in emergency nursing in an acute care facility preferred.
- Current California EMT License is optional / preferred
- Must have current BLS (AHA) for healthcare provider’s card upon hire.
- Must complete CPI within 30 days of employment.
- Must complete EKG and phlebotomy training within probation period.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of emergency care and EMTALA regulations. Must be able to manage multiple activities in a busy patient care environment.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age served on the unit. Knowledge of growth and development over the life span.
- Must be able to speak, read and write English.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes all appropriate unit documentation, including pain scale, rechecks vital signs every 2 hours, and prn.
- Places, screens, transfers and refers incoming telephone calls.
- Inputs orders into computer, able to retrieve and cancel orders, and print results
- Stocks and maintains adequate inventory and ordering of supplies used in the unit.
- Notifies physicians/nurses of abnormal lab results.
- Transports patients safely to destinations beyond the Emergency Department.
- Maintains cleanliness of gurneys in the department daily.
- Assists in maintaining department statistics.
- Assists in maintaining patient log.
- Creates patient labels.
- Updates patients in the waiting room every one half to one hour.
- Provides 1:1 coverage for all patients requiring a sitter as needed.
- Demonstrates communication and technical skills necessary to interpret age-specific responses to services provided.
- Demonstrates blood glucose monitoring competency.
- Demonstrates the proper operation of the HEAR radio, ReddiNet, and Biocom.
- Demonstrates proficiency in blood draws.
- Demonstrates Exit Writer proficiency.
- Maintains current certifications.
- Attends at least 80% of staff meetings if full time and 50% if Per Diem.
- Demonstrates proficiency in EKG and rhythm strip reading.
- Able to apply splint and Ortho devices
- Set up and assist with bedside procedures.
- Ensure patients belongings are inventoried and secure.
- Provide safe and Therapeutic environment for Mental Health patients.
- Demonstrates proficiency in restraint application and safety.
- Ability to assist in code gray, utilizing proper procedure and safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Salary: $16.46 – $20.57 per hour
Benefits (Full-Time Only):
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 12 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- BLS Certification (Required)
- Paramedic License (Required)
- EMT Certification (Required)