The Clinical Nurse Educator is responsible for the development, coordination, supervision and administration of Clinical Nursing Education Services.
The Clinical Nurse Educator is a registered nurse functioning in the Nursing Department to insure the educational needs and requirements of the nursing staff are met and that the staff meets the required level of competency through an organized plan of continuous assessment and educational opportunities. This organized plan of continuous assessment and educational opportunities will help direct the clinical staff toward excellence in patient care, health care services, and management of the overall organization.
- Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Education, Nursing, Organizational Development, or related field; Masters degree preferred.
- Current licensure to practice registered nursing in the state of California.
- Must have a minimum of three years clinical experience in an acute care setting. Knowledge of teaching techniques, adult education and evaluation methods.
- Current BLS, CPR, PALS. ACLS certification and LPS certification is required within 90 days of hire date.
- Knowledge of the Nurse Practice Act, patient’s rights, DNV standards and Title 22 regulations.
MAJOR TASKS, DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop, implement and evaluate hospital wide educational program for nursing personnel. This will include orientation of new personnel, on the job training and hands on teaching within the clinical setting, in-service education and continuing education.
· Determine educational needs by conducting a yearly assessment and coordinating with nursing management.
· Assist nursing management in providing additional appraisal information regarding employee performance, competence and progress.
· Participate in the development, implementation and assessment of effectiveness of policies, procedures and standards.
· Act as a consultant and resource person for all members of the nursing staff. Participates in counseling or other activity that may contribute to education growth, career or staff development.
· Keeps accurate records of orientation activities and the performance o f each orientee. Provides ongoing support and education to new clinical staff during their 90-day introductory period.
· Support and facilitate implementation of policies and procedures. Provides guidance and advice to nursing/clinical staff in interpreting and understanding policy change.
· Recommends and coordinates the selection of sources for needed services not provided by the department or organization.
· Tracks CHCM education hours and assures compliance with CHCM policy.
· Coordinates, evaluates, and revises the clinical education performance improvement plan by participating in Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement activities.
· Keeps Chief Nursing Officer informed of departmental activities, needs, and problems.
· As the coordinator of care, the registered nurse shall be responsible for the observation and direction of patient lifts and mobilization, and shall participate as needed in patient handling in accordance with the nurse’s job description and professional judgment.
· Networks with all department managers and all employees. Interacts and coordinates with the affiliated Nursing Schools to assure that clinical experiences are meaningful, positive, professional and productive for students.
Salary: $30.46 – $38.07 per hour
Work Location: In person